Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gift For All Occations: Cake Pops!!


Hello crafty girls! Since Mother's Day is coming up I wanted to do a DIY that you can also do for ANY HOLIDAY! What is tastier and cuter than some cake pops?! They are easy, but a little time consuming I must admit. Nonetheless, they are completely worth it! Here is how I whipped them up!

Ingredients: Any cake mix, cream cheese icing, candy melts, lollipop sticks, and any form of decoration (sprinkles, chocolate, icing, etc).

Super easy instructions:
1. Follow instructions on the cake mix and bake.
2. Once it cools mash it all up and add the icing mixing evenly.
3. Make your balls (place on cooking sheet) and refrigerate for a few hours, or freeze it like I did for like 45 minutes.
4. Heat up the candy melts and first dip the tips of the lollipop sticks to stick on the balls. Let it harden.
5. Now coat the whole ball with the candy melt mixture, decorate, and let it dry & harden (I used a foam piece).


Now all you have to do is either package them individually in little plastic bags or the whole base and pops with plastic wrapping. That's it!! Hopefully you love them because they are a great gift! I hope my instructional pictures help you visualize the easy process.

Happy Mother's Day and Happy Crafting :-)!

PS. This gift ideas is even great for men! Here is my picture to prove it ;-) lol! The Mustache stencil is from here: http://www.kandeej.com/2011/12/diy-craft-gift-idea-mustache-mug.html . Happy Holidays!




No comments:

Post a Comment